The Lay Directors have many responsibilities within the Way of Christ Secretariat. They are essentially the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Way of Christ.
The Lay Director:
- Calls and conducts meeting and retreats of the Secretariat and committees.
- Prepare agendas for discussion at these meetings.
- Forms and dissolves special committees and appoint their chairs with approval of the Secretariat.
- Coordinates the work of the members and of the committees of the Secretariat. Provides
- written procedures and policies to assure Secretariat compliance.
- Schedules weekends, ultryeas, leaders schools, rector and team selection meetings.
- The director is a member of the Leaders Committee for selection of rectors for the Way of Christ weekends.
- The Lay Director is required to have served as a rector before assuming the Lay Director responsibilities.